Sunday 19 February 2017

The New Old School Completed

Got the final 3 to complete the set
When Eric announced his latest update had gone live, I immediately put down the puzzle I was playing with and went straight to his site and placed an order for 3 new 6 piece burrs. But these are not just any old 6 piece burrs, they are the last 3 of Gregory Benedetti's fantastic series of New Old School (NOS) burrs. Eric initially did not think that he could produce them in wood but after seeing them in 3D printed form he decided to have a go and I am so glad that he did. These puzzles require multiple coordinate moves and one even needs a rotation. The design of the pieces make them a woodworkers nightmare and caused the price to be a little on the high side. I and quite a few other collectors couldn't resist them and jumped straight in. I think there are still quite a few left - go pick them up!

All seven together